In the southernmost part of Rajasthan, Udaipur is engulfed by the Aravalli Range and is brimming with splendid natural beauty. Founded as the nascent capital of the Mewar kingdom in 1559 by Maharana Udai Singh II, Udaipur takes you back to those glorifying years. Unlike other places of Rajasthan, Udaipur is filled with the serenity and grandeur of the glorifying era. Far away from the urban chaos, you can experience the blend of regal beauty, elevated slopes, and picturesque panorama. Well-known as the City of Lakes, Udaipur Tour Package has presence of innumerous natural lakes in and around the city. Lake city is also profoundly known as the “White City” because of the Rajput-style Palaces and Forts in Udaipur that are made up of white marble.
Places to see in Udaipur –
Planning Udaipur Sightseeing Tour by car and driver would let you enjoy a guided tour of the city in a completely hassle-free way. There are many beautiful places to see in Udaipur that you can consider on your bucket list. Some of these include –
- Lake Pichola –Constructed in the year 1362 AD, Lake Pichola is one of the best places to see in Udaipur. The artificial lake entices everyone with its glory and is a beautiful place for indulging in a private cruise ride at sunset. Besides enjoying picturesque views of Lake Pichola, you can also enjoy shopping in the bustling markets or savor the delicious delights.
- City Palace –Nestled within the Aravalli Range, City Palace is located on the banks of Lake Pichola and is a palatial complex. It was constructed over a span of 400 years and is a brilliant blend of the Rajasthani and Mughal styles of architecture.
- Fateh Sagar Lake –Formerly created by Maharana Sir Fateh Singh, the lake was named after him and is another enchanting lake in the heart of Udaipur. Enclosed by enormous mountain ranges from all three sides, a speed boat ride on the tranquil waters of the lake is an adventurous activity to enjoy in Udaipur Tour.
- Eklingji Temple –Around 22 kilometers away from Udaipur, Eklingji Temple is 1300 years old and is dedicated to Lord Shiva. Despite being an enormous old structure, the temple has managed to retain its beauty.
- Bagore ki Haveli –Close to the marvelous Pichola Lake, Bagore ki Haveli dates back to the 18th century under the initiative of Amar Chand Badwa – the Prime Minister of Mewar. Having a unique style of architecture where the walls are adorned with splendid mirror works and immersive paintings.
Things to do –
Enjoy boating in Lake Pichola: Sailing in the serene waters of Lake Pichola is one of the best things to do in Udaipur. As you sail through the pristine lake, gear up to witness the scenic views of islands and monuments surrounding the lake. It is best to enjoy the sunset boat ride and witness the breathtaking views of the sky.
Sunset in Ambrai Ghat: A must-do thing in your travel itinerary is watching the sunset views in Ambrai Ghat. Get amused by witnessing the natural beauty as the orange-red hues of the sun passes over the horizon.
Offer prayers at Eklingji Temple: Intricately crafted and designed with aesthetics, Eklingji Temple is a prime tourist place near Udaipur to offer prayers to Lord Shiva on a day trip by choosing Udaipur Outstation Taxi. Every year, special events are organized on the occasion of Navaratri at Eklingji Temple.
Savor the local cuisines: When in Udaipur, you just can’t resist your taste buds with savor many delicious cuisines. Gorge yourself into gastronomic delights like Dal baati choorma, mirchi bada, vada pav, dabeli, masala chai, rabdi kulfi, and more.
How to reach Udaipur?
Udaipur has its own Maharana Pratap International Airport that is well-connected to other major cities of India. The airport is located 22 kilometers away from the main city that can be traversed by hiring a Car Rental Udaipur. Besides, its railway station is also well-connected to major urban cities like Jaipur, Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and others. Other than this, the taxi service in Udaipur will make it more convenient to reach the city comfortably.
Best time to visit –
The best time to visit Udaipur is during the months of November to February of the Winter Season when you can enjoy your travel in its cool and pleasant climate. During this time, the avg. temperature varies between 120 c to 280 c. Since the climate of Udaipur remains pleasant, travelers can enjoy many adventure activities or sightseeing trips around the city.
How long should I plan the Udaipur Tour Package?
Well, a trip to Udaipur can be planned for any duration like 2 days, 3 days, or 4 days. We recommend spending at least 3 days in Udaipur so that you can explore or enjoy most of your holidays in the city. If you are wondering how to schedule your 3 days trip, then here’s a perfect tour plan to follow –
Day 1: Udaipur Arrival & Boating in Lake Pichola
Day 2: Udaipur sightseeing that includes City Palace, Vintage car museum, Bagore ki Haveli, Jag Mandir, Jagdish Temple, and more.
Day 3: Half-day sightseeing and departure
Accommodation in Udaipur –
Hosting a tour is probably a big hassle until you get the best hotels in Udaipur to cater to your comfort. Whether you’re in town for a family vacation or business trip or romantic getaway, there are no dearth hotels in Udaipur to choose the right one for your stay. Ranging from 5-star hotels to luxury heritage palaces or budget accommodation, the city offers a wide range of accommodation to suit your needs.
After knowing the details of the Udaipur travel guide, you can make your travel easy and convenient. Travelers can easily plan their holidays by knowing all the important travel information that this blog includes. So, what are you waiting for? Plan your memorable holiday trip to Udaipur with family or friends and enjoy your vacations in the most comfortable way. You can also opt for the Rajasthan Tour Package that includes Udaipur in the travel plan and discover other major cities of the royal state.